truthaction.org Forum Index truthaction.org
9/11 TRUTH NOW

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

San Francisco
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    truthaction.org Forum Index -> September 11 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: San Francisco Reply with quote

Locations & Times TBA
AaronD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: The Golden Gate Bridge Reply with quote

I propose that we, in concert with other Bay Area 9/11 Truth and peace groups, begin this Truth Action Day on the Golden Gate Bridge at 11am. In effort to attract ppl. from other groups, perhaps we could title the event something general, like the "Day of Truth and Peace." After the bridge, we could attend and demand truth at an official story 9/11 ceremony in the city (if there's one taking place). It'd be nice if we could agree (or disagree) on the bridge demonstration sooner than later so we can get some flyers printed out, distributed to activists, and secure the involvement of other groups. What do you think?
AaronD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Revised Proposal Reply with quote

After demonstrating on the Golden Gate Bridge in unity with other peace groups from 10/11am - 1pm, we make our way to Union Square to arrive around 2pm to group-up and prepare to march to City Hall, where, from 2pm - around 5/6pm, the SF Board of Supervisors meets. The last part of their open to the public meeting consists of a public comment session, where each willing person get 2 mins to address the board (but they don't speak back to you...). I have checked and they will be meeting on 9/11.

I say every one of us explains to them the severity of the situation we're in, encourages them to support a reinvestigation; creating a resolution demanding that of congress and the administration, as well as rejecting the official Commission Report.

Also, as this movement transcends many issues, I propose that in order to further demonstrate our unity, the route we take from Union Square to City Hall be Ellis or Eddy street, right through the poorest and most neglected downtown neighborhood, the Tenderloin, and, along the way, we invite pissed- off severely oppressed and deprived people to join us at the Board of Supervisors meeting.

Peace and Freedom,

Aaron Dames
[email protected]
301 910 7466

Last edited by AaronD on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
YT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo Aaron I'm stoked that someone is taking the initiative for an SF action on 9/11 cuz I'm going to be out of town and I definitely want something going on here, sounds like it's gonna be good.
Joe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: awesome Reply with quote

Hey Aaron I commend you for taking the reins on SF91107 since some of us will be in NYC. What you have suggested sounds really powerful, especially with the board of supervisors meeting with open mic. As you know, Matier & Ross of the SF Chronicle reported that Willie Brown got that warning not to fly that day. I looked and didn't find anything deeper or more substantive to the story, but I'm sure it would be great to say that infront of all those supes.
AaronD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

good idea -- will do
myk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks as if I will be in SF on 9/11. I cant take off anymore time out of work, but I am down for the GG bridge and supervisor meeting. I think it would be nice to plan out what each person will say. Specific areas that would get some attention are-

Sibel Edmond's testimony that is now under review, we need support from more leaders in communities to push for an open and public congressional hearing of her evidence that is backed by the FBI and Depart of Justice, of treasonous activities within our government. Most of which is linked to 9/11.

No accountability whatsoever for the failures of 9/11.

9/11 is used to justify EVERY action this administration has taken against any country they deem a "threat"(despite intelligence reports) as well as against the American public.

70% of first responders are now sick and dying and Mayor Bloomberg and company are refusing to help them.

70% of the questions posed by the victims family members were ignored despite that they were going to be used as a road map for the investigation.

This is a healthy portion of concerns that need to be brought up to our leaders in our community. We can only get so far on our own and it's obvious the politicians above community care nothing about the event that caused all this death and turmoil.
AaronD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Bridge Problems Reply with quote

We've have a lot of support for the bridge project, but unfortunately we encountered some difficulty for securing the bridge on the 11th. Ironically, the Bridge Authority is closing off the bridge for demonstrations on the 11th b/c of a terrorist threat. (I can understand that they're concerned about a a false-flag op...). So, we're considering moving the bridge action to the 10th and still attending the SF Board of Sup. meeting on the 11th to demand of our local city council that they reject the official commission report and demand a reinvestigation). What do you guys think?
chucksheen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great discussion. Will add more later. The board meetings sounds great and I would like to get together for planning.

http://9-11.Meetup.com/322
AaronD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Her's the deal! Reply with quote

What's up people!,

After corresponding with the Golden Gate Bridge authorities, I have applied for a permit for our group to demonstrate on the Bridge on Monday, 9/10, from 11am - 1pm (demonstrations cannot exceed 2 hours). 9/11 is not a legal option, but we can always do downtown SF and the Board of Supervisors meeting that day. Below are some details regarding demonstrations that the Bridge Manager emailed me:

1. Signs are allowed, subject to certain size restrictions. Signs cannot have handles or sticks affixed to them.
2. Banners and flags of any size are not allowed.
3. The maximum duration of expressive activities is 2-hours. If you start at 11 am, you will need to be finished by 1 pm.
4. We will specify a location in the visitor area where you may set up a table to distribute literature. You will be held responsible for an litter issues that result.
5. You will not be allowed to distribute literature on the Bridge sidewalks.

What do you think?
kdub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Golden Gate Bridge may Isolate us from foot traffic Reply with quote

I suggest a heavy foot traffic area like downtown or the wharf again. This is 9/11/07!! We need to be truthing the people who are walking around already thinking and talking about 9/11. I'm ready for street outreach to the fullest extent. Where in the city do we get the most numbers? The most successful days we have had imho, have been in areas where we are surrounded by people (especially tourists). We need to pick an extremely populated area for such an important day. AND EVERYONE SAY GENERAL STRIKE 9/11/07 NOW!!!!
kdub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Distributing Literature is a MUST Reply with quote

So we can't hand out lit on the GGB either?
AaronD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: answers Reply with quote

no, lit can't be handed out on the bridge itself (I think they're worried that shit will blow off into the bay), but can be distributed in the parking lot, where we will have a table. Keep in mind, this is for Monday, 9/10, not 9/11. A meeting to plan the bridge action is taking place every Wed., from 9 -11pm, at the Naan and Curry in SF on Irving St. and 8th Ave.

-Aaron
[email protected]
chucksheen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this helpful piece:

Quote:
Help us lobby every Senator and Representative on Capitol Hill...

http://www.911blogger.com/node/10988#comment-158935

http://dc911truth.org/flyers/Lobbying_Presenters_Notes.pdf
myk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powell and market as usual? i think I migh try and bring a table, that way we can hae our stuff more organized. 100 dvds and fliers I will be making. Kdub, I might need a ride if Iget a table...you down?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    truthaction.org Forum Index -> September 11 2007 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: